18 Circuit Universal Wiring Harness - UH-18
You get OEM quality wiring harnesses with Hot Rod Wires®. They are constructed from American copper wire and made in the USA, so you know they are built to last. This 18 Circuit Wiring Harness is perfect for classic cars, trucks, hot rods, project cars, sandrails and more.
- OEM quality brass and copper terminals
- 100% of the connections are soldered
- Expansion capable due to heavy gauge wiring
- Theft protection built in
- Compatible with halogen lighting, modern alternators, etc.
NOTE: We have a very large image of the harness that opens in a new window here.
More information below.
You can count on getting the highest quality wiring harness for your project when you buy an 18 circuit universal wiring harness at Hot Rod Wires®. We offer top quality craftsmanship, which means that you can add more circuits to it as you go. Our harnesses will work on any 12-volt application, and this makes them truly universal. Our harness fits classic cars, project cars, trucks, hot rods and more.
All Hot Rod Wires® wiring harnesses are made in the USA with only 100% American copper wires. In order to get these OEM-quality connections, we do not crimp our harnesses; we solder every connection. We use OEM-quality connectors and terminals for the headlight switch, ignition switch, stop light switch, neutral safety switch, dimmer switch, turn signal switch, seal beams, horn relay and alternator.
When you purchase a harness from Hot Rod Wires®, you are buying directly from the manufacturer. This offers you a better value, and you get better assurance that you will receive the correct harness, accessories and switches. You also benefit from our enhanced technical support that is backed by 50 years electrical experience. You can talk to us from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST 7 days a week, and that includes holidays.
- 20 feet of wire for circuits going to the rear
- 15 feet of wire for circuits going to the front
- 8 feet of wire for circuits in the engine compartment
3. Turn Signals
5. Stop Lights
7. Hazard Flasher
8. Tail Lights
9. Park Lights
10. Dash Lights
12. Heat and A/C
13. Power Windows
14. Power Locks
15. Electric Fan
16. Electric Fuel Pump
17. High Level Stop Light
18. Radio B+ Memory
Contents of the (Included) Terminal and Connector Package:
- Ten brass GM female terminals for smaller gauge wire: 5 for the headlight switch, 3 for the dimmer switch and 2 for the stop light switch.
- Ten copper GM female terminals for larger gauge wire: 2 for the headlight switch, 2 for the neutral safety switch, 5 for the ignition switch and 1 for the alternator.
- Eight large silver GM female terminals: 1 for the headlight switch, 1 for the ignition switch and 6 for the seal beams.
- Eight GM turn signal switch terminals for GM keyed column.
- One GM headlight switch connector
- One GM dimmer switch connector
- One GM stoplight switch connector
- Two GM ignition switch connectors for GM keyed column.
- Two GM turn signal switch connectors for GM keyed column. First and second design provided; you will only use one.
- One GM alternator connector
- One GM neutral safety switch connector
- One 5 inch blue fusible link
- One GM headlight switch chart
NOTE: “GM” terminals and connectors are used by many manufacturers, not just GM. Ford, Chrysler, Jeep, and many others all use the same type of connector. They are “GM” connectors by convention, but “universal” might be a more apt description.
Buying a quality automotive wiring harness is about asking the right questions. Before you buy any harness, make sure you know the answers to the questions below.
|Features||Hot Rod Wires®||Our Competitors|
|Made In The USA?||Most competitors source their harnesses from overseas.|
|100% Soldered Connections?||Most wiring harnesses are crimped only. It saves money, but reduces durability.|
|Heavy-duty 12 Gauge Starter Wire?||Many harnesses use lighter gauge wire, which leads to hot start problems.|
|OEM-Quality Made-in-the-USA Solid Copper Wiring?||Many competitors use a blend wire material for the wiring to cut costs.|
|OEM-Quality Copper and Brass Terminals?||Many competitors use off-shore knock-offs made from aluminum or tin.|
|Includes A Fusible Link?||A fusible link protects your entire electrical system, but many harnesses don't include it.|
|Is The Harness Expandable?||Many competitors use the lightest gauge wiring possible for their 12-circuit harnesses. If you want to expand, you need to re-wire the harness.|
|Compatible With Modern 100amp Alternator?||Many harnesses are only rated to 60 or 75amps, which means they won't accommodate a modern alternator.|
|Heavy Gauge Copper Wire In Every Circuit?||Heavy gauge copper wire is expensive, but it minimizes resistance and ensures proper voltage across your system.|
|Compatible With Halogen Headlights?||Many harnesses use light gauge wiring for the headlights that's insufficient for halogen bulbs.|
|Built-in Theft Protection?||None.|
Recommended Add-On: OEM Component Package for 18 Circuit Harness
This package contains all the fuses, 2 flashers and the horn relay needed for the 18 Circuit Wiring Harness. All these components are OEM; which is better quality than you can buy at a parts store and at a better price.
Unless you already have these components, this is a great value.
Add Now For Only $21.00