12 Circuit Universal Wiring Harness - UH-12
All Hot Rod Wires® wiring harnesses are OEM quality, made in the USA with 100% American copper wire, and built to last. This 12 Circuit Universal Wiring Harness can be used for hot rods, classics, project vehicles, trucks, sandrails, and more. Features include:
- 100% soldered connections
- OEM quality copper and brass terminals
- Heavy gauge wiring that allows for expansion
- Compatible with modern alternators, halogen lighting, etc.
- Built-in theft protection
NOTE: We have a very large image of the harness that opens in a new window here.
More information about our wiring harnesses below.
Buying a 12 circuit universal wiring harness from Hot Rod Wires® means you’re getting the highest quality wiring harness for the vehicle you’re working on. This wiring harness is more basic than the 18 or 24 circuit, but our top quality craftsmanship means you can add more circuits down the road if you want. Also, our harnesses are truly universal – they will work on any 12 volt application. If you’re building a hotrod, classic, project vehicle, or truck, our harness will work.
Hot Rod Wires® harnesses are made in the USA using only 100% American copper wire. To get an OEM quality connection, we solder our harnesses, which holds up better than the crimping method our competitors use. All our harnesses include OEM-quality terminals and connectors for the ignition switch, neutral safety switch, headlight switch, dimmer switch, stop light switch, turn signal switch, alternator, seal beams and horn relay.
When you buy our harness you are buying direct from the manufacturer which assures you of better value, better technical support and assurance of selecting the correct harness, switches and accessories for your application. Our technical support is unsurpassed, backed by 50 years electrical experience. We are here 7 days a week including holidays from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm CST.
- 20 feet of wire for circuits going to the rear
- 15 feet of wire for circuits going to the front
- 8 feet of wire for circuits in the engine compartment
- Turn Signals
- Stop Lights
- Hazard Flasher
- Tail Lights
- Park Lights
- Dash Lights
- Heat and A/C
Contents of the (Included) Terminal and Connector Package:
- Ten brass GM female terminals for smaller gauge wire: 5 for the headlight switch, 3 for the dimmer switch and 2 for the stop light switch.
- Ten copper GM female terminals for larger gauge wire: 2 for the headlight switch, 2 for the neutral safety switch, 5 for the ignition switch and 1 for the alternator.
- Eight large silver GM female terminals: 1 for the headlight switch, 1 for the ignition switch and 6 for the seal beams.
- Eight GM turn signal switch terminals for GM keyed column.
- One GM headlight switch connector
- One GM dimmer switch connector
- One GM stoplight switch connector
- Two GM ignition switch connectors for GM keyed column.
- Two GM turn signal switch connectors for GM keyed column. First and second design provided; you will only use one.
- One GM alternator connector
- One GM neutral safety switch connector
- One 5 inch blue fusible link
- One GM headlight switch chart
NOTE: “GM” terminals and connectors are used by many manufacturers, not just GM. Ford, Chrysler, Jeep, and many others all use the same type of connector. They are “GM” connectors by convention, but “universal” might be a more apt description.
Buying a quality automotive wiring harness is about asking the right questions. Before you buy any harness, make sure you know the answers to the questions below.
|Features||Hot Rod Wires®||Our Competitors|
|Made In The USA?||Most competitors source their harnesses from overseas.|
|100% Soldered Connections?||Most wiring harnesses are crimped only. It saves money, but reduces durability.|
|Heavy-duty 12 Gauge Starter Wire?||Many harnesses use lighter gauge wire, which leads to hot start problems.|
|OEM-Quality Made-in-the-USA Solid Copper Wiring?||Many competitors use a blend wire material for the wiring to cut costs.|
|OEM-Quality Copper and Brass Terminals?||Many competitors use off-shore knock-offs made from alumnium or tin.|
|Includes A Fusible Link?||A fusible link protects your entire electrical system, but many harnesses don't include it.|
|Is The Harness Expandable?||Many competitors use the lightest gauge wiring possible for their 12-circuit harnesses. If you want to expand, you need to re-wire the harness.|
|Compatible With Modern 100amp Alternator?||Many harnesses are only rated to 60 or 75amps, which means they won't accommodate a modern alternator.|
|Heavy Gauge Copper Wire In Every Circuit?||Heavy gauge copper wire is expensive, but it minimizes resistance and ensures proper voltage across your system.|
|Compatible With Halogen Headlights?||Many harnesses use light gauge wiring for the headlights that's insufficient for halogen bulbs.|
|Built-in Theft Protection?||None.|
Recommended Add-On: OEM Component Package for 12 Circuit Harness
This package contains all the fuses, 2 flashers and the horn relay needed for the 12 Circuit Wiring Harness. All these components are OEM; which is better quality than you can buy at a parts store and at a better price.
Unless you already have these components, this is a great value.
Add Now For Only $19.00